10.19.2010

{ fall front porch }



Compared to my last post these photos are rather tame.

This is my front porch simply decorated for fall.



I have to admit I went a little pumpkin crazy this year.

As soon as those little lovelies were available 

I was at the farmer's market every other day growing my little display.

 { okay, okay, so some of them aren't real...pumpkins aren't cheap you know. }


Anyhoo, this little display has been up for several weeks now, 

and of course as flowers do my sweet mums are slowly fading,

and those little green caterpillars have had a hay day eating my kale.

Needless to say, I'm glad I took these pictures when I did.

Can't believe it's taken me this long to share them with you.


  




I have to admit that I was very inspired by the display from my former post here,

and I knew that this year I would try to do something similar.

I have the pumpkins, but I just can't pull off the random beauty of that arrangement.

I seriously have problems with asymmetry,  it's not that I don't like it, It's just that I can't do it.

Everything in my life comes in pairs, and the left side always looks like the right.

I think I have a bit of a problem and sometimes that problem can lead to... B O R I N G.



I actually like my arrangement here, but as you can see it is very symmetrical...

there you have it symmetrical = happiness in this little wren's world.


Hope you all are having a wonderful week so far.

Thanks for your kind comments on my spooky decorating.


I enjoyed a trip to the library today 

and now have an awesome stack of new inspiration so

I'm getting ready to break out my knitting needles and get my knit on.

Maybe I'll have a little something to share with you soon.


:: Peace & Love ::

Carrie
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I love what you did, Carrie! Your pumpkins are perfect, and I like the way they lead up your steps and how they look in those urns!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch is lovely, Carrie! I am always attracted to symmetry, too~ I love the bit of formality and order it gives...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your front porch! The brick and pumpkins go so well together. I really liked your post from last year's Hallow's Eve party, wow! Such inspiration. I just discovered your blog, it's great and your photography is beautiful!
    ~michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful front porch!!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!! I love the color of your front door!

    ReplyDelete

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...