1.24.2016

:: fauxligraphy


A little hand lettering practice I worked on yesterday in honor of #NationalHandwritingDay.

My quote is not actual calligraphy, it's fauxligraphy. 
This piece isn't perfect by any means, but since it is practice... 
and hand lettering I think the imperfections make it more authentic. 

It's been a long time since I've had to do hand lettering work. 
Typography was my favorite class when I was in design school, and 
I'm so old that we actually did hand letter most everything ha ha.

MY PROCESS :


1: First I write out the quote using my pencil {my favorite pencil here}
for word placement & also to make sure I have correct spacing. 


2: I use my Pigma Micron pens to go over the original pencil 


3: I then create the thicker downstrokes found in real calligraphy


4: Finish by filling in & erasing all of your original pencil marks 
{ be careful to let the ink dry for a bit or you get smudging, like mine :( }


 As you can see, Fauxligraphy is really simple and anyone who can write can do it.

I love this quote & believe it with all of my creative heart ;).

How have you used your imagination this weekend?

{ peace, love & hugs }
Carrie

GO PANTHERS!!! KEEP POUNDING!!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love seeing your lovely faces & reading your sweet comments. Thanks for taking the time to visit me : ) * I do my best to respond by e-mail, if I miss you please forgive me. peace & love * Carrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...